Instead of resolutions, I prefer to make plans! In 2012, my focus will be on plein air painting that goes beyond traditional plein air. I want to use the process of painting on location to inject more abstraction into my urban landscapes. I plan to:
- paint on location in New York and Philadelphia, have an exhibit of the paintings in both cities
- conduct a plein air demo in NYC at the Salmagundi Club
- develop a plein air course for the summer at the Visual Arts Center of NJ
- lay the groundwork for a workshop and an exhibit in Europe or the UK
- further meld reality and abstraction in my paintings, take my studio painting in a new direction based on plein air studies
- continue to experiment with new media, including digital plein air
- turn this blog into a WEEKLY publication that is updated every Monday, consistency and deadlines are a good thing!
So what are your plans for 2012? Whatever they are, I wish you much health and happiness in the New Year!